HM Government has issued advice that from Wednesday 13th May you will be able to use outdoor sports courts or facilities, such as a tennis or basketball court, or golf course, with members of your household, or one other person while observing social distancing guidelines and staying 2 metres apart. We very much look forward to welcoming you back.
We will use the following guidelines for managing the golf courses as we re-open. These are drawn from best practice recommendations issued by England Golf but also adapted to best suit our membership and facility. They will be under constant review and we reserve the right to alter as required.
Booking to play
- Tee-times for can be booked by telephoning 01245 224662 for The Warren or 01245 222648 for Bunsay & Badgers.
- The tee sheet will run at normal booking intervals from 7 am to 5 pm. All rounds must be booked in advance and play will start from the 1st tee only.
- All play must be in two-balls only. Even if all players are from the same household in the interest of keeping a fair pace of play no 3 or 4 balls will be allowed,
- The tee sheets will run on weekdays and also at weekends until further notice.
- Members will be able to book a maximum of one tee-time on two different days in advance.
- In addition, Members are welcome to call from 7 am on the day to see if any tee-times are still available later in that day.
- No swindles/group bookings are allowed until further notice.
- When you book, we will require the names of both Members who are due to play.
- Members will be permitted to sign in one guest on weekdays and after 12 pm on weekends.
Please plan your journey to arrive only a few minutes before your tee-time. On arrival, please report to the Proshop to check in and then go straight to the golf course.
During your round
Please follow the following guidelines for keeping safe whilst playing golf.
- Keep a safe distance of at least 2 meters from your playing partner unless from the same household.
- Please avoid any grouping on the tees.
- Refrain from touching or removing the flag poles.
- All holes are covered by an insert that allow you to complete your putt without touching the hole.
- Ball washers are covered and not in use for your safety.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the Pro Shop and the Halfway Hut.
- Rakes are removed from all bunkers
After your round
As soon as you complete your round, we respectfully ask that you leave the golf club as soon as possible. As much as we would love to provide refreshments understandably this is not possible at present.
Payment of outstanding Membership fees
We have Members who have put their membership on hold, opting to pay pro-rata once the course re-opens. You will be able to book a tee-time as above, but we will require payment of fees before you go out to play. Please advise the staff when you book, and we will make sure your invoice is ready for your settlement.
At present we are still awaiting guidance on the opening of the Proshop as a retail outlet. Please be advised that until we receive further guidance the Proshop is to be considered as a check-in desk only. Please be mindful of our staff and their safety, we have screens in place and ask that only 2 customers enter the area at any one time. Only cashless payments will be accepted.
We will leave the toilet facilities open for essential use only, although adjacent changing areas should not be used. Access into the wider clubhouse will be prohibited.
Practice facilities, trolley and buggy hire.
These are not available until further notice.
- Buggies will be available to hire from Tuesday 19th May.
On a final note…
We are very mindful of the privileged position we are now in of being able to offer you an opportunity to enjoy your sport where many other sports are still not able to do so. Please help us to ensure this is able to continue over the coming months by adhering to the guidelines above.
Thank you for all your support over the past few weeks and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Warren Estate.